Thank you for your continued support during the past six weeks as we as a sports and exercise community have worked to adjust and adapt our clinical practice to address the needs of our patients.
It has been awesome to witness our nation unite and respond together, and we have been especially happy to see the increase in people of all ages exercising outdoors as our extended summer has allowed. We know that New Zealanders cherish getting out and about in the fresh air and we hope that the opportunity to do so more regularly over the lockdown, has inspired people to continue to prioritise exercise and activity as we move back to a more ‘normal’ way of life.
For us, and hopefully you too, we have seen huge benefits in working via Telehealth and intend to offer this more broadly to our patients throughout the Covid19 Alert Levels, but also beyond. So much of what we do can be achieved via video. For our patients, it is a lot more convenient, but also allows those who would like to stay safely at home an opportunity to see a doctor about their problem.
On Monday we received clarification from the NZ Government around the lifting of the National COVID-19 Alert Level to Level 2.
What does Level 2 mean for us?
- We will be transitioning back to working from within our clinics and will have the ability to see patients in person as required. Decisions on face to face consultations will be made by our clinicians on a case by case basis.
- Please continue to refer your patients to us as you have been. Telehealth may still be the best solution for them while we work to understand their problem.
- We are aiming to minimise the number of patients in our clinic, so we lower the risk of infection for our staff and patients.
Operating at Level 2
With a far more open clinic environment, we have a fresh set of new challenges. For those of you who are also interested in implementing a return to your clinics, we have produced a Standard Operating Procedure addressing the relevant risks in the clinical environment that you might find useful to reflect on for your own businesses.
Please feel free to download and use as you see fit.
Our SOP covers:
- Minimum precautions to take to minimise the risk of infection
- Guidelines for which patients may receive a face to face consultation
- The use of PPE and social distancing
- Our appointment processes
- The management of hazards and risks
- Guides to cleaning clinical equipment and rooms